MSC: SOC Notes
Schedule Of Classes (SOC) Notes print with the class information in myWSU Class Search and RONet's Schedule of Classes. Departments have access to update the notes even when classes are approved. Edit the SOC Notes for a course in Maintain Schedule of Classes > SOC Notes tab.
Use the field to display additional information about the section, such as instruction modality.
Sequence Number field
Sequence numbers 1 and 2 work in RONet's SOC and myWSU. Other sequence numbers work in myWSU but are not visible in the RONet SOC, so will be removed; text in sequence number 2 will be merged into a single note.
- Sequence Number 1: URLs only.
- Sequence Number 2: Text only.
- Sequence number 2 is required for display in the Schedule of Classes.
Free Format Text field
Enter a note in the Free Format Text field manually, or select a pre-written note using the Note Nbr field. Add more information to the field to combine notes.
- No double quotes (") in this field.
- They cause the RONet Schedule of Classes to break. Single quotes are acceptable.
- URLs display as More Information on the RONet Schedule of Classes.
- Use html to improve readability and format text in RONet's SOC. HTML does not work in myWSU and will display as written there.
- <br> inserts a line break
- <br><br> inserts a line space
- <strong></strong> bolds the enclosed text
- <em></em> italicizes the enclosed text
Use the magnifying glass to see a list of pre-written SOC Notes or view our list of them. Enter the desired note number then "tab" or "enter" to populate the Copy Note field with the note.
- Use Copy Note to move the pre-written note into the Free Format field. This will overwrite an existing note in the Free Format text area.
- Copy the content (Cntrl+C) and paste it into the Free Format Text field (Cntrl+P) when other content is still needed. Use html <br> to create a line break.
- The note is not visible unless it is in the Free Format Text field.
- Copy Note will erase any content currently in the field.