Getting Started with Proofing
A new term is copied from the same term the previous year: Fall copies to Fall and Spring copies to Spring. For example, Fall 2023 is copied to start Fall 2024. Proofing timeline.
Download a copy of the new term from OBIEE.
The Unapproved Course report is a good first report to run. More information on using OBIEE.
Consult with your department
- Which classes will be offered?
- How many sections will be offered?
- What time/day/session will each be taught?
- What size/type of room is needed?
- Can a department space be used or does the class need a GUC space?
- What is the instruction mode?
- Which courses need Department Consent?
- Which courses need Reserve Capacity?
- Any other special features needed?
Update the sections in Maintain Schedule of Classes (MSC)
- If a course is not available in MSC, use Schedule New Class to start a section.
- When the course is ready, select Approve in the Basic Data tab. The course will be activated according to campus policy. Pullman courses will be activated that night.
- Proofing Instructions
- Using Maintain Schedule of Classes